lørdag den 27. april 2013

On again, off again

So hello again.

It occurred to me the other day that I actually didn't hate ze whole blogosphere that much, and twould seem that my past posts made at least a few people crack a smile, so I shall continue these shenanigans for at least a little while. I might as well supply a quick disclaimer though, I am procrastination personaified, but also extremely busy, so there will be some irregularity between posts, but I shall try my best to post at least once a week.
ANYHOW, a quick update since ze last time. On the music front, I'm in the process of setting up jobs pretty much every weekend, and some weekdays, so thats all peaches and gravy. (I have a feeling I grossly butchered that expression because seriously, peaches and gravy sounds remarkably disgusting) Apart from zis, I have finally created some semblance of a quintet that one could almost call a real band, which is a very subdued and clumsy segue into ze topic of the day. As a musician, (or maybe even as a person, I know not) the word ego gets thrown around very loosely, and I'm not sure where I stand on it. Personally, i accept that i have a reasonably large ego. I've played in large bands and small bands, and each time, I've thought "man, i wish i could be the frontman for this band!" It's a childish thought I know, but hey, I never said I mature (a logic that I wish applied to all aspects of life: "the defendant has been sentenced to life in prison for murder, how do you plea? " Ey, I never said I wasn't a murderer!") Excuse that short deviation, it made more sense in my head. Anyhow, I suppose my point is that I want to be frontman in a band, and theres nothing I can really do to change that feeling, so yeah, pointless ramblings galore. On a completely different note, in exchange for your kind attentions, I would like to suggest some music to you. Eric Clapton=God. We've all heard it before, and while I don't necessarily agree, this song is pretty magnificent, so check it out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_j9KEjrY4o . Also, if you find yourself looking for a movie to watch, I strongly suggest watching Cadillac Records, it has badass guitarists and singers, and Beyonce looking as ridonkulous as ever (Yes my dear reader, I used the word ridonkulous, sue me!) For real though, watch it, it gives a great insight as to how the modern RnB record company was born. Until next time, *insert awesome signoff phrase that I'm desperately fumbling in the dark to find*

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar