Helloooooooo,
so like remember that time when I said that I would post once every week? Yeah, that didn't happen, and I apologize for that. However, I will say, that if you read my previous post on procrastination, you shouldn't really be that surprised. I'm writing because it dawned upon me that I had made a quasi-promise, and according to great men like James Bond, Jules Verne, and Indiana Jones, a great man ain't great if he doesn't keep his word. (quick disclaimer: I haven't actually thought of a topic for this post yet, I'm just hopelessly filling out space with words while I search my (über cheesy alert) heart for a topic.) (holy shitballs, did I just put a parentheses within a parentheses? I'm not even sure if that's legal #breakinrulesoftheenglishlanguage.) So yeah a topic. I think I've got something.
Today I got to act. It's not the first time, I've acted a bunch of times before ("hell, I played Dr. Martin Luther King jr. in 7th grade!" he said with pride) For some reason though, today it meant a lot more to me. My good friend Preben/Laura had written a so-called play, and when ze time came for ze epic monologue, I froze up and herpderped ( to my older readers (if I have any of those) that means that I went blank for a moment) and that made me seriously reconsider what the hell I was doing. The second time came by, and it actually went pretty reasonably well. It made me think that maybe I can do this acting hullaballoo (btw, the brit that invented that word deserve ALL THE MEDALS). But yeah, my point here is that all this acting business might be something I keep doing for fun, and maybe, if my ego gets really inflated, I might even post some of it of the youtubez, but I doubt that so don't hold your proverbial breath.
The music of the day is a song by my favorite South African composer, Hugh Masekela, who has had a huge influence on how I play, and incidentally how I feel about my African roots and such, which might be the topic for next time, we shall see. Until then, stay safe, watch out the bats cause this is Bat Country, and don't take any guff from these damn swine. Enjoy ze life dear friends!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xg8G2SzvAEg
Ingen kommentarer:
Send en kommentar